This low-GI, crust-free quiche is a very easy, quick lunch or light dinner. The eggs and cottage cheese provide a great source of protein plus plenty of veggies, giving you six different plant foods to fuel your healthy gut bacteria!
Ideal to eat hot for dinner and cold for lunch the next day…
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 100g cottage cheese
- 2 x spring onion bulb, thinly sliced
- 150g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- A few pieces of ham or bacon for extra flavour (optional)
- 1 handful of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Set the oven to 160° Celsius.
- In a large, lightly oiled saucepan, gently fry the red pepper and ham/bacon (if using) until softened.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and mix in with the cottage cheese and parsley. Put to one side.
- Add the mushrooms, and spring onion and cook until slightly soft.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes, allowing the spinach to wilt.
- Drain off any excess liquid to avoid a soggy quiche!
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to an oven-proof dish and pour in the egg mixture.
- Gently combine the veggies with the egg mixture.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden on the top.
- Serve with a green salad or our Gut Health Super Salad and a dollop of sauerkraut!