NEW Microbiome Test Kit
See what’s happening inside your gut – and solve those problems!
Includes FREE lifetime membership to our state-of-the-art gut health tracking platform and ongoing support from our live Nutritional Therapists.
Designed by the UK’s number one gut health experts. Created in partnership with Cambridge Genomic Services, University of Cambridge.
Rated 4.9 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
- Test for 98 biomarkers
- Explore your diversity, pathogens, prebiotics, probiotics, postbiotics, mental wellness & systemic wellness
- Gold-standard 16s rRNA sequencing and advanced analytics
- FREE 30-minute consultation with a Nutritional Therapist to help explain your results
- Personal Action Plan created for you by your Nutritional Therapist – no AI!
- All testing performed inside the UK by Cambridge Genomic Services, University of Cambridge
- Simple, easy-to-use home kit. No needles!
- Groundbreaking focus on the gut-brain axis, with mood tracking
What is a microbiome test?
This is a stool test, where you take a stool sample using simple, clear, easy-to understand instructions in the privacy of your own home. This sample is then posted to Cambridge University, where leading scientists use the latest cutting edge technology – called 16s rRNA sequencing – to analyze the trillions of bacteria living inside your gut.
Is the Chuckling Goat microbiome test right for you?
Our test is for everyone over 18! Unlike other tests on the market, we do not exclude you if you are working with health issues including diabetes, IBS, coeliac, colitis or Crohns.
What do I get for my money?
You will receive the test kit itself, the sequencing in the lab, and the data report. Your results are then accompanied by a free 30 minute consultation with a trained Nutritional Therapist who will explain the results to you, answer all your questions and create a Personalized Action Plan for you that can help you begin to improve your gut health immediately.
You also receive lifetime membership access to our state-of-the-art gut health tracker platform, where you can view your Personal Action Plan, log your daily gut health actions and track the improvements in your health over time. Membership includes free lifetime support from our expert Nutritional Therapists – all real human beings, no AI. NO additional costs or hidden fees!
Our test checks for 98 biomarkers! Here is a detailed breakdown so you know exactly what you get from our microbiome test:
- 3 diversity biomarkers
- 24 probiotic (the good bugs) biomarkers
- 15 pathogenic (the bad bugs) biomarkers
- 20 prebiotic biomarkers
- 28 postbiotic biomarkers
- 4 mental wellness biomarkers
- 4 systemic wellness biomarkers
Why is it important to test your gut microbiome?
If you’ve ever had food poisoning, a UTI, a dental infection, hospital-acquired infection or skin infection, it is possible that some of the bacteria may have migrated into your gut and are still lingering there in what is called a “biofilm” This biofilm can be antibiotic-resistant and incredibly difficult to shift, and may still be present decades later. These low-grade infections may cause autoimmune symptoms over time. If your test identifies the presence of a biofilm infection inside your gut, your Nutritional Therapist will be able to recommend an all-natural herbal antimicrobial that will help to resolve the pathogen levels.
Is the Chuckling Goat Microbiome Test accurate?
In a word – yes. Our test uses the 16s rRNA sequencing, which is the leading gold standard for reliability in microbiome analysis. Our sequencing and bioinformatics pipeline – co-designed by leading scientists at Cambridge University – delivers unparalleled depth, ensuring comprehensive microbial profiling.
Do microbiome tests work?
The connection between the bacterial populations inside your gut and certain medical conditions is well documented, including acne, antibiotic-associated diarrhea, asthma/allergies, autoimmune diseases, chronic fatigue, dental cavities, depression and anxiety, diabetes type 2, eczema, gastric ulcers, hardening of the arteries, inflammatory bowel diseases, malnutrition and obesity, just to name a few!
According to both the science and our customer testimonials, improving your microbiome is a safe, natural and effective way to work with these conditions. But before you improve the situation, you need evidence-based results to give you a starting point.
That is what the Chuckling Goat Microbiome Test provides.
How long does it take?
The CG Microbiome Test should be on your doorstep next day, with our free next day delivery. Once you take the sample and drop your kit in the nearest post box, your lab results will take 4-6 weeks to process at Cambridge Genomics. Once you are notified that your results are ready, you can book your free consultation with one of our (actual human, not bot!) Nutritional Therapists and get started improving your gut health.
What makes the CG Microbiome test different from other tests on the market?
After carefully examining and working with other microbiome tests for many years, we created a wish list of the things we most wanted to change! Our new CG Microbiome Test ticks all the boxes:
- Simple, quick and easy to use.
- A unique mental wellness section, assessed by scientifically validated questionnaires
- An overall systemic wellness score
- Examination of a full range of short-chain fatty acids: butyrate, acetate, propionate.
- A comprehensive Personal Action Plan based on your microbial composition and diversity
- Free consultation offered by gut health expert and nutritional therapist, RRP £45
- Lifelong support and advice
- A rewards system that makes it easy and fun to follow your new gut health program
- Next-generation nucleic acid collection and preservation tube to guarantee sample stability and accuracy of results.
- Advanced analytic pipeline designed by leading microbiologists working in collaboration with Cambridge University
- State-of-the-art online interactive platform to view and track your results
Where’s the science?
Here at CG we love good science, and we are honoured and thrilled to be joined by some of the finest scientists from around the world, on our Scientific Advisory Board. An interdisciplinary mix of doctors, professors, oncologists, pharmacists, biochemists and bioinformaticians, they are all connected by an interest in the human microbiome and a passion for pushing the edges of creative, rigorous science. Have a browse through the bios of the fine minds who are helping us think, plan, create and innovate the next generation of gut health tools!