You probably stock up on supplements during the autumn and winter months, as we head into coughs, colds and immunity season. But what about supplements for summer?
Here are our top three supplements to help you support your health and wellbeing, and feel your best all summer long!
Back garden BBQs, ice cream, a cold cocktail or two…mmmm! There are a lot of naughty-but-nice food and drink options over the summer months – and who are we to tell you not to enjoy them?!
Sugar harms your good gut bugs, but you can repair the damage with probiotics. Chuckling Goat Probiotic Kefir contains non-transient, beneficial bacteria that survive the digestive process and re-populate your gut.1https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2017.01194/full
As well as boosting your gut health and protecting you from unwanted tummy bugs, Kefir:
- Contributes to normal psychological function, reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression3https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110829164601.htm
- Reduces tiredness and fatigue4https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160627160939.htm
- Actively supports your immune system5https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4854945/
- Is a significant source of B12, phosphorus, calcium and Vitamin A
Check out more benefits of Probiotic Kefir here!
The summer months can be harsh on your skin. Studies show that taking a good quality collagen supplement can help sun-damaged skin heal faster, increase skin elasticity,6https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23949208/ reduce wrinkles and boost skin hydration!7https://www.jmnn.org/article.asp?issn=2278-1870;year=2015;volume=4;issue=1;spage=47;epage=53;aulast=Borumand
Besides giving you radiant skin and silky-smooth hair, hydrolysed collagen (the broken-down and more easily digestible form) has other fantastic health perks…
- Promotes bone health8https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5793325/
- Reduces joint pain9https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17076983/
- Promotes heart health10https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5429168/
- Improves brain health11https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15023571/
Get the glow (and so much more!) with Chuckling Goat Pure Fish Collagen.
Are you jetting off overseas this summer? Long-distance travel can do a number on your sleep routine and lead to increased stress levels. Fight the jet lag and support your body’s natural sleep patterns by taking a magnesium supplement.12https://www.nutriadvanced.ie/news/3-reasons-why-magnesium-helps-you-sleep/ As well as aiding sleep, magnesium heals the stomach’s lining, easing any bloating or discomfort, and has a calming effect, to help you breeze through all the extra summer fun!
You can read more about magnesium and the right supplement for you here.
For more tips on how to stay happy and healthy this summer, check out Let’s get summer ready – the gut-brain healthy way!
Any questions? Contact one of our Nutritional Therapists via live chat, weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm.