About Shann & Chuckling Goat (short ~50 words)
Chuckling Goat is a natural skincare business that makes award-winning kefir and kefir skincare on their family goat farm in Wales. Their all-natural Kefir Program, which combines drinking live culture kefir and applying the kefir skincare to the skin, is especially suitable for people with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and acne. Products can be ordered from www.chucklinggoat.co.uk
About Shann & Chuckling Goat (long ~150 words)
Chuckling Goat is a natural skincare business that makes award-winning kefir and kefir skincare on their family goat farm in Wales. Their all-natural Kefir Program, which combines drinking live culture kefir and applying it to the skin, is designed for people with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and acne.
Founders of the company, husband-and-wife team Shann and Richard Jones, discovered the benefits of live active kefir when looking for a solution to their little boy Benji’s eczema, and Rich’s antibiotic-resistant MRSA infection.
The family’s adventures in discovering their natural skincare solutions is detailed in Shann’s #1 Amazon Best Seller Secrets of Chuckling Goat: How a Herd of Goats Saved My Family and Created a Business that Became a Natural Health Phenomenon.
Chuckling Goat is proud to work closely with the Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences at Aberystwyth University, where extensive laboratory tests have been performed on their kefir.
Chuckling Goat products can be ordered from www.chucklinggoat.co.uk
Our appearances in other articles / forms of media
BBC Radio 2
Awards that we've won
We think interviews are great - here are some sample questions to help you out
- How did you start the business?
- How do you account for the explosive growth of Chuckling Goat?
- What is kefir, and why does it work so well on skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and acne?
- What is the Kefir Program?
- Is there any science behind it?
- Why is it important to both drink the kefir and apply it directly to your skin?
- Where did the name Chuckling Goat come from?
- Why is it important that your goats have names and not numbers?
- Why don't you sell through outside retailers?
- Do you still make all the products by hand on the farm?
- Why is it important that eczema sufferers use chemical-free products?
Free Sample Packs
We are more than happy to provide free samples of our products to bloggers, review companies, newspapers, magazines etc.
These need to be requested by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Free Sample Request. Please provide your name, a link to your website, the products you would like to sample and a delivery address for your samples
Twitter Post Samples
- RT @DiddyDarl: Such a cute homegrown company @ChucklingGoat bath melts look & smell so great!#glowgettergathering
- Interested in #microbiome gut health? Watch this interview from @ITVCountrywise with fantastic @ChucklingGoat bit.ly/1SI6rRV#kefir
- @EinnaHarrison @amberbeautytalk OK, that will be great for @ChucklingGoat I think as they are brilliant at problem skin and how to help
- Kefir could help with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea & acne- says the @ChucklingGoat: yourhealthyliving.co.uk/radiant-skin #skincare
- @ChucklingGoat loving the new packaging! 3rd time reordering I LOVE THIS STUFF cannot recommend enough! #skincare
Example Press Release
The combination of drinking the kefir and using the kefir skincare has been dubbed the “Kefir Program,” suitable for people who are prone to eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and acne.
Happy customers have driven sales up 800% in the past year by word of mouth, despite the fact that Chuckling Goat does no paid advertising.
In August 2014 Shann Jones was making soap on the farmhouse kitchen stove with the help of one member of staff. Today the company has twelve employees and have just achieved the Investors in People Award from the Welsh Assembly Government.
“We struggle to keep up with demand,” admits Shann, 49, who co-directs the company with her husband, Richard, 53. “Because we still make everything by hand on the farm in small batches, there is often a waiting list for our products.”
The Chuckling Goat journey began back in 2009, when the couple bought their first goat to help with their little boy Benji’s eczema and asthma. When they had too much surplus milk, the Jones’ learned to make kefir, a live culture fermented drink originally from Eastern Europe.
After Richard struggled with a life-threatening antibiotic-resistant MRSA infection, and doctors were unable to help, Shann used a combination of essential oils and their own homemade kefir to aid his recovery. This discovery led her to put their kefir into handmade soaps and lotions.
Today Chuckling Goat works closely with Prof Jamie Newbold, head of the Institute of Biological, Rural and Environmental Science at Aberystwyth University. Professor Newbold has performed extensive laboratory testing of Chuckling Goat kefir, and is interviewed in their upcoming ITV segment.
The family’s adventures are recorded in Shann’s #1 Amazon Best Seller, Secrets of Chuckling Goat: How a Herd of Goats Saved My Family and Created a Business that Became a Natural Health Phenomenon.
Eczema is an epidemic in the UK today, with an estimated one-fifth of school age children and one out of nine adults experiencing some level of discomfort. Traditional medicine has little to offer by way of a solution, other than steroid creams which thin and harm the skin.
“We never really set out to create a business,” says Shann. “We were just looking for solutions to our own family’s skin problems. And it turns out that nature had the answer, all along!”
For more information contact Shann Jones
01239 654 072