Ingredients (makes 9)
150g porridge oats
25g quinoa flakes
25g desiccated coconut
25g almond butter (I use Meridian)
30g caster sugar
1 ripe medium banana, mashed
2 TBSP maple syrup
2 TBSP ground flaxseed
30g 70% dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a 20cm by 20cm dish with baking paper and set the oven to 175°C.
- On a low heat, melt the butter, almond butter, syrup, and sugar in a saucepan and put to one side.
- Add the mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, quinoa flakes, coconut, collagen, flaxseed, and chocolate chips (if using).
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer to the lined dish and press down with a spatula (this keeps them from falling apart).
- Bake for 18 – 20 mins, or until golden.
- With a sharp knife mark the surface into 9 squares, allow to cool then divide into separate portions.
Nutritional info (per approx 45g serving)
(of which sugars)
Another recipe you might like to try – Healthy homemade granola 🙂
Questions? Get in touch with one of our Nutritional Therapists on live chat, weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm.