Here’s the big breaking news in the skin world:
Acne, along with eczema, rosacea, psoriasis and dermatitis, is not a skin condition.
These issues are all autoimmune disorders, that sit inside the gut. You must heal the gut, in order to clear the skin. This is the reason why no topical application alone has ever worked permanently to resolve your skin issues.
Inside your gut, there are trillions of bacteria. Scientists believe the exact number is 1024 which is the same number of stars in the observable universe. That’s a lot of bugs in there! Essentially, you are the planet, and they are the inhabitants. Imagine it like the Amazon rainforest in there, with loads of beautiful little critters, birds, bees, flowers, trees, fish, deer and jaguar.
And your skin is just a map of your gut. In a perfect world, this internal system flourishes and is full of lots of lovely little gut bugs. Your skin will be radiant and glowing.
But sometimes, things go wrong. Your microbiome is a natural ecosystem, and like any natural ecosystem, it is fragile and can be damaged. This damage will map directly onto your skin – and it will look like acne, eczema, psoriasis or rosacea.
So, what can go wrong inside there? When things go wrong with your microbiome, it’s called autoimmune.
Autoimmune conditions have three components:
- A genetic predisposition. Chances are that your mother or father will also have eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, IBS, arthritis, diabetes, ME or some other autoimmune condition.
- A trigger event. This could be a virus, an infection, a course of antibiotics, a move, a bereavement or a period of stress. A trigger event can also be a hormonal event, like puberty, pregnancy or menopause. Any of these things can “tilt” your microbiome, and trigger the predisposition sitting inside your system, causing it to roll at a higher level. Subsequent trigger events will then just cause your autoimmune conditions to roll at a higher level. And it never stands down – not unless you do something about it.
- Gut. There is almost always a gut component to autoimmune – pain, bloating, IBS, diarrhea or constipation. This makes perfect sense, when you realise that what’s causing the problem in the first place is the damage to your gut bugs.
Autoimmune issues often accompanied by allergies, sinus issues, anxiety, fatigue and depression.
But here’s the thing – it’s simply not the case that you have a skin issue AND allergies AND fatigue/depression/anxiety.
You have only one issue: microbiome damage. And it’s showing up all over your body in different ways. On your skin it may look like eczema, or acne. In your gut, it may feel like IBS. In your sinuses, it may show itself as allergies. But these are all symptomatic leaves of a single tree – and the trunk of the tree sits in your gut.
Heal your gut, and these symptoms will all resolve together – for good!
So, how are we going to accomplish this?
By drinking a powerful probiotic drink called kefir, and also applying kefir skincare to your skin. This puts the good bugs back into your gut, and onto your skin at the same time. This healing from the inside and the outside, creates a powerful, and permanent solution.
That’s the good news. What’s the bad news?
Natural healing is slow, and takes time! Imagine that you had asked for an apple, and I gave you an apple seed, and told you to plant it. You would have to wait for the apple seed to sprout, and set flowers, and grow. This is the pace of natural healing, and we’re just not used to being patient anymore.
These days, we’re more accustomed to using a chemical to suppress a symptom. This can happen instantly, because it’s temporary. By contrast, the process of clearing your skin by healing your gut is slow – but permanent! You’ll need to rediscover your ancestral patience for this process. It can take 9 months to a year, and in very severe cases even longer.
You’re also going to need to tend that little apple tree – we do this by making changes in your diet. You need to refrain from irritating the gut, while the autoimmune conditions heals. We do this by:
- Avoid sugar – sweeten with 100% pure stevia instead.
- Avoid cow dairy – use goat milk, goat cheese and goat butter instead.
- Avoid wheat, which contains gluten – consume low-GI, gluten-free grains like millet, amaranth, quinoa, oatmeal and buckwheat instead.
- Eat good fats, like walnuts, salmon, avocado, flaxseed oil, coconut oil and olive oil.
- Eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, beans and pulses, to feed the good bugs inside your system.
This natural healing program works if you work it. But what kind of results can you get?
Have a look at the results achieved by Chuckling Goat client Betsan Evans. It took her a loooong time. But doesn’t she look fantastic!
You can get Chuckling Goat live kefir and kefir skincare delivered to your door, from www.chucklinggoat.co.uk. You may also ring 01239 654 072 to order and receive personalised advice.