Everyone loves a mug of hot cocoa at this time of year! And the good news is, that you can enjoy and stay healthy at the same time with our gut-friendly version of this holiday favourite.
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 500 ml milk – of your choice (goat, oat, unsweetened almond milk)
- 100% pure stevia to sweeten
- Add the cacao, spices, and vanilla extract together in a mug or bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Pour your milk of choice.
- Add your milk, powder, and stevia to a pan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour, add your toppings (optional), and enjoy immediately!
* Try to reduce the amount of sweetener you use over time 😊
Read more about spices and how they can benefit you here!
As mentioned in Your Christmas guide to polyphenols, “Life is all about balance. We love the 80/20 rule here at Chuckling Goat. You can pick the healthy choices 80% of the time, and treat yourself with the remaining 20% (cream & marshmallows) 😉
There’s no need to deprive yourself of all the good treats – so be kind to yourself this holiday season!“
Remember that you can get in touch with one of our Nutritonal Therapists via live chat 8 am to 8 pm weekdays for any gut health questions.