Live Chat 8am - 8pm
FREE Next Day Delivery on orders over £25
FREE lifetime support

Healthy Hot Chocolate

Everyone loves a mug of hot cocoa at this time of year! And the good news is, that you can enjoy and stay healthy at the same time with our gut-friendly version of this holiday favourite.

Ingredients –

  • 2 tbsp cacao
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp ground turmeric
  • ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
  • ¼ tsp vanilla extract
  • 500 ml milk – of your choice (goat, oat, unsweetened almond milk)
  • 100% pure stevia to sweeten

Method –

  1. Add the cacao, spices, and vanilla extract together in a mug or bowl.
  2. Mix to combine.
  3. Pour your milk of choice.
  4. Add your milk, powder, and stevia to a pan. Bring to a boil.
  5. Pour, add your toppings (optional), and enjoy immediately!

* Try to reduce the amount of sweetener you use over time 😊

Read more about spices and how they can benefit you here!

As mentioned in Your Christmas guide to polyphenols, “Life is all about balance. We love the 80/20 rule here at Chuckling Goat. You can pick the healthy choices 80% of the time, and treat yourself with the remaining 20% (cream & marshmallows) 😉

There’s no need to deprive yourself of all the good treats – so be kind to yourself this holiday season!

Remember that you can get in touch with one of our Nutritonal Therapists via live chat 8 am to 8 pm weekdays for any gut health questions.

Questions? Talk to a Nutritional Therapist on live chat!

More from The Gut Health Express