Nourish your body with this magnesium-packed synbiotic smoothie. Our Mega Magnesium Smoothie offers over 150 mg* of natural magnesium, making it a great option for an energy-boosting breakfast or post-workout snack!
- 170 ml Chuckling Goat Kefir (23.8 mg magnesium)
- 10g Complete Prebiotic
- 10g Pure Fish Collagen
- 1 TBSP flaxseed oil
- 1 medium frozen banana (32 mg magnesium)
- 1 cup spinach (23.7 mg magnesium)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (44.6 mg magnesium)
- 1 TBSP oats (9 mg magnesium)
- 5 strawberries (12 mg magnesium)
- ~50 ml oat milk (6 mg magnesium)
*It’s important to note that magnesium content can vary in foods and the above amounts are estimations.
- Pop all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Add oat milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
Magnesium has over 600 biological functions and is the fourth-most abundant mineral found in the human body. Magnesium deficiency has been linked to inflammation, hypertension, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, certain cancers, periodontal disease, depression, psychosis, and other serious conditions.
Magnesium is important for several reasons:
- Reduces inflammation
- Contributes to a normal heartbeat
- Allows muscles to contract and relax
- Improves bone strength
- Aids with sleep
- Helps produce energy
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Transmits messages through the nerves
- Aids muscle recovery
Several gut-healthy food sources of magnesium are easily accessible such as whole grains (e.g. oats), green leafy vegetables (e.g. spinach), fish, nuts, seeds, legumes, milk, Chuckling Goat Kefir, and yoghurt. You will find several of these ingredients in this smoothie!
Any questions? Contact one of our Nutritional Therapists via live chat, we’re available on weekdays from 8am to 8pm.