Want to treat your loved ones and your gut bugs?
Here’s a delicious chocolate brownie recipe with added ingredients that your gut bugs will love!
Ingredients include bananas, cocoa, turmeric, walnuts, and CG Complete Prebiotic powder – all of which are fuel for your friendly gut bacteria. And a little sugar, but much less than you’d find in shop-bought brownies!
Ingredients (makes 9 squares)
75g of butter
60g of sugar
50g of 70% dark chocolate
90g of self-raising flour
2 TSPs of baking powder
3 TBSP of cocoa powder
3 TBSP of Complete Prebiotic powder
3 TBSP of Pure Fish Collagen
3 TBSP of Kefir
1 TSP of ground turmeric
2 large eggs, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
75g chopped walnuts/pecans (optional)
Preheat the oven to 160° C.
Line a deep dish (approx 20cm by 20cm) with baking paper.
1. In a saucepan, on low heat, melt the butter, chocolate, and sugar. Once melted, leave to cool slightly.
2. Put the dry ingredients into a bowl (flour, baking powder, cocoa, Complete Prebiotic, and turmeric) and mix well.
3. Mash the banana and beat the eggs. Add these as well as the kefir and chopped nuts (if using) to the melted chocolate/butter mix.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
5. Pour the whole mixture into the dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes (until firm to the touch).
6. Once cooled, divide it into 9 squares and enjoy! Your gut bugs will thank you for it 😉
1 serving (with walnuts): Kcal (262); Fat (16.4g); Carbs (24g); Fibre (3g), Protein (5.2g); Salt (0.31g).
For more self-love ideas this Valentine’s read our article 5 ways to love yourself more
You’ll also find plenty of tasty recipes in our Gut Health Express blog!
Contact one of our Nutritional Therapists via live chat from 8 am to 8 pm on weekdays for bespoke advice on gut wellness.