The colder, darker months are the perfect time to indulge in a bit of comfort food!
We advocate the 80/20 rule here at CG – eat well for your gut-brain health 80% of the time, and enjoy a treat the remaining 20% of the time. So, with that in mind, here’s our Banana Bread recipe…with added prebiotics for your gut bugs!
Don’t worry if it comes out a bit green – that’s just the Complete Prebiotic powder.
2 medium (very ripe) bananas, mashed
2 large eggs, beaten
40ml olive oil
140g self-raising flour
2 TSP baking powder
1 TBSP Complete Prebiotic
- Heat the oven to 160° C and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, add the olive oil and sugar and mix well.
- Beat the egg, mash the banana, and mix together.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the butter mixture, egg, and banana and dry ingredients together and pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Use a fork to test – if the fork comes out clean, it’s done.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a baking rack to cool completely.
- Tuck in! Always best enjoyed with a cuppa 😉
Any questions? Contact one of our Nutritional Therapists via live chat, weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm.