Live Chat 8am - 8pm
FREE Next Day Delivery on orders over £25
FREE lifetime support

Banana Bread (with added prebiotics!)

The colder, darker months are the perfect time to indulge in a bit of comfort food!

We advocate the 80/20 rule here at CG – eat well for your gut-brain health 80% of the time, and enjoy a treat the remaining 20% of the time. So, with that in mind, here’s our Banana Bread recipe…with added prebiotics for your gut bugs!

Don’t worry if it comes out a bit green – that’s just the Complete Prebiotic powder.


2 medium (very ripe) bananas, mashed

2 large eggs, beaten

50g butter

40ml olive oil

140g self-raising flour

90g sugar

2 TSP baking powder

1 TBSP Complete Prebiotic


  1. Heat the oven to 160° C and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
  2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, add the olive oil and sugar and mix well.
  3. Beat the egg, mash the banana, and mix together.
  4. Combine the dry ingredients.
  5. Mix the butter mixture, egg, and banana and dry ingredients together and pour into the loaf tin.
  6. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Use a fork to test – if the fork comes out clean, it’s done.
  7. Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a baking rack to cool completely.
  8. Tuck in! Always best enjoyed with a cuppa 😉

For more recipes using our Complete Prebiotic powder, check out Claire’s Prebiotic Baked Oats and Laura’s Raspberry & Coconut Prebiotic Energy Balls.

Any questions? Contact one of our Nutritional Therapists via live chat, weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm.

Questions? Talk to a Nutritional Therapist on live chat!

More from The Gut Health Express