These little balls of energy make great on-the-go snacks!
- 200g dates, pitted
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Chuckling Goat Complete Prebiotic
- 2 tbsp nut butter (almond, peanut)
- 40g freeze-dried raspberries
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
- 1 tbsp flaxseed oil
- Stevia (to sweeten – optional)
- If your dates are a little dry, soak them in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the nut butter, Chucking Goat Complete Prebiotic, desiccated coconut and flaxseed oil to a mixing bowl.
- Lightly pulse the sunflower seeds in a blender – don’t blend too much, the bigger the chunks the crunchier the texture! Add the raspberries to the blender for a final blitz and add both to the mixing bowl.
- Blend the dates in the food processor until they make a paste – add to the mixing bowl.
- Now it’s time to get your hands dirty! Knead the mixture together by hand. Once combined nicely, shape into 12 balls and roll in desiccated coconut.
- Store in an airtight container for one week.
This is a forgiving, versatile recipe – use what you have in the cupboard. Nut allergy? Swap out the nut butter for tahini or seed butter of your choice. If preferred, replace dates with raisins, dried cranberries, dried figs or apricots! If they’re on the dry side, soak them for 10 minutes in boiling water before blending to soften. Don’t have flaxseed oil? Coconut or olive oil will work fine!