Think healthy eating is boring? Then you’ve never tried putting your oats in the oven!
If you enjoy a warm, hearty breakfast then this recipe is for you. Packed full of fibre and nutritious goodness, these baked oats will set you up for a great day. They also make for a tasty gut-healthy desert, suitable for the whole family. Boasting over 15g of fibre per serving, and a deliciously sweet flavour, one bite will have you hooked! 😉
- 1 banana
- 45g oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 200ml almond or goats’ milk (or alternative)
- 1 tbsp Complete Prebiotic
- 1 handful mixed berries
- 1 tsp peanut/almond butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds
- goats butter or olive oil or coconut oil
- probiotic yoghurt (to serve)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Lightly coat a small baking dish with goat’s butter (or oil of choice).
- Mash the banana in the baking dish with a fork. Add the oats, chia seeds, Complete Prebiotic and milk. Stir to combine the mixture. Mix the peanut butter through.
- Add the mixed berries evenly across the top. Sprinkle mixed seeds on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool briefly.
- Serve with probiotic yoghurt on the side. Sprinkle ground flaxseed over dish and Enjoy!
To make a serving for 1, simply half the ingredients, and bake for approx. 15 minutes.
Let us know what you think, and check out more delicious recipes here!