Are you looking for an all-natural, nourishing skin treatment as we head into colder months?
Give your skin the care it needs with our Super Sensitive Skin Balm, designed to soothe and nurture delicate, painful, itchy skin.
The balm is made by hand on the farm – first, we simmer the herbs (plantain, comfrey, chamomile, yarrow, chickweed, and nettle) in sunflower oil until the oil is infused with all their natural healing goodness. The oil is then gently mixed with beeswax to produce a moisturising balm. Each of the herbs has their own special properties which are beneficial for the skin –
- Plantain contains allantoin, which is a natural antibacterial. 1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9359829/
- Comfrey, also called “Bone Knit” helps decrease dryness and flaking of skin. 2https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3491633/
- Chamomile has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. 3https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2982259/
- Yarrow is an astringent that gently purifies the skin. 4https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3232110/
- Chickweed helps to calm and comfort. 5https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7284062/
- Nettle helps reduce irritation. 6https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9253158/
- Beeswax provides a protective barrier against many external factors by forming a film on the skin surface 7https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7036894/
Three ways to add Super Sensitive Skin Balm to your skincare routine –
- For your face and body as an all-over nighttime moisturiser for dry, itchy, flaky skin.
- Add a little of the balm to your Kefir Lotions to boost their moisturising power.
- As a skin barrier for swimming – apply liberally to the delicate and sensitive skin on your face (I swim daily in a chlorinated pool and find it works brilliantly to protect from dryness and irritation).
Our Super Sensitive Skin Balm is all-natural, handmade, and free from any artificial chemicals, perfumes, dyes, phthalates, petrochemicals, or parabens. Suitable for children aged 3+.
You can find it here – https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/product/super-sensitive-skin-balm/
For more articles on skincare and going chemical-free read How to read your beauty product labels like a pro!, Why your skin needs probiotic lotion! and Simplify your personal care & cleaning products!
Any questions? Contact one of our Nutritional Therapists via live chat, weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm.