An easy peasy, low-GI pancake recipe, straight from the Chuckling Goat family farm – because why should you have to miss out on Pancake Day? 😉
These pancakes are a winner with the whole family! They’re suitable from ages 6 months + and one of the very first finger foods I gave Isabella during weaning. Cut into strips for little hands to grab and enjoy –
- 1 large ripe banana
- 150ml goats milk (or unsweetened oat/almond if you prefer)
- 100g rough-cut porridge oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A handful of blueberries/raspberries
- Pop all ingredients, except the berries, into a blender and pulse until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the berries and mix with a spoon.
- Warm a little coconut oil, or goat’s butter, in a frying pan. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons into the pan – spread out the mixture a little.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping (or tossing if you’re feeling confident!) and cooking the other side.
- Enjoy as many as you like, guilt-free! 😉