Research into whether snacking is good or bad for you, especially in terms of weight management, is mixed. What we do know is that snacking on the ‘right’ foods can help manage blood sugar, curb hunger, and increase nutrient intake. That said, if you find yourself relying on that mid-afternoon pick-me-up, perhaps it is time to explore why you are feeling hungry all the time – click here to read more.
In the meantime, here are some healthy snack ideas to get you started –
- Hard-boiled eggs (or devilled eggs, add a dollop of mayonnaise and a sprinkle of paprika!)
- Apple sticks and peanut butter
- Energy balls – why not try raspberry & coconut, chocolate orange, or peanut butter!
- Cucumber, carrot, celery and bell pepper sticks with hummus
- Trail mix (nuts and seeds)
- Spicy roasted chickpeas
- A good old piece of fruit!
- Goat’s yoghurt and berries
- Crackers with goat’s cheese
- Slice of fibre-rich toast and nut butter
- Banana and peanut butter sandwich
- Banana ‘sweeties’ – slice a banana into coins, add a dollop of yoghurt, sprinkle with chia seeds, and freeze
- Celery stuffed with goats’ cheese, walnuts and raisins
- Banana muffins
- Kefir smoothie
- Pancakes – topped with yoghurt, nuts, seeds and berries
- Dark chocolate and almonds – read more about which chocolate is best here!
How does eating breakfast affect snacking? Read more here!
What are your go-to snacks? Let us know on live chat! We’re available on weekdays from 8am to 8pm.