Who’s hungry? With these pancakes, you won’t be for long!
This is one of our favourite go-to recipes for a well-balanced breakfast, lunch or dessert. It has everything you need – slow-releasing carbohydrates, fibre, healthy fats, lots of protein, and up to 16 different plant foods per serving! Not to mention, they taste divine 😉🥞
Find out why you should include buckwheat in your diet here.
- 1/2 banana
- 30g oats
- 20g buckwheat
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 90ml milk of choice
- 1 handful blueberries
- Coconut or olive oil
- To serve:
- 125g probiotic yoghurt
- 1 handful mixed berries
- nuts and seeds of choice
- Used mixed seeds and mixed nuts for extra plant foods
- Frozen fruit works just as well as fresh
- Add some Complete Prebiotic powder with an extra drop of milk for a big fibre boost!
- In a NutriBullet or blender combine the banana, oats, buckwheat, baking powder, egg and milk. Add a handful of blueberries to the combined mixture.
- Heat a little oil in a pan (smaller the pan the better). Add 1/4 of the pancake mixture to the pan. Cook until golden/brown. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat this until all mixture is cooked (makes 4).
- Microwave the mixed berries or add them to the pan with 2 tbsp of water. Heat until melted and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Stack the pancakes. Pour the melted fruit mixture on top. Add yoghurt on top. Sprinkle with seeds and crushed nuts. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think, and check out more delicious recipes here!
Feel free to get in touch with our Nutritional Therapists via live chat, 8 am to 8 pm on weekdays, to have your questions answered!