Dreaming of luscious locks?
Your hair is a reflection of your overall health and well-being. With this in mind, here are our top tips for improving your hair health – and other aspects of your health too!
- Support your gut with synbiotics! Hair can be affected by the health of the gut microbiome – an imbalance in good and bad bacteria as well as excess inflammation can contribute to hair loss. 1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5599691/
- Maximise nutrients for hair growth – leafy greens, nuts, eggs, fish, and fruit provide nutrients needed for healthy hair – protein, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, biotin, iron, vitamin B3, selenium, and vitamins A, D, E, and C. 2https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5315033/
- Take collagen – collagen supplements may reduce hair loss and improve hair condition: this is because the amino acids that make up collagen are also the building blocks for keratin, the main protein in hair. Taking collagen also improves the structure and function of hair follicles which, in turn, improves hair condition and growth. 3https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28921826/4https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4201279/
- Reduce stress – stress can slow hair growth and contribute to hair loss, so practice stress-reducing techniques like meditation, yoga, or spending time in nature. 5https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27538002/ Read more here.
- Drink plenty of water to help maintain overall hydration, including the scalp and hair follicles.
- Choose hair products containing rosemary as this has been shown to improve hair growth.
- Protect your hair and head from the sun’s harmful UV rays by covering up with a scarf or hat.
Looking to improve the health of your skin too? Check out Why your skin needs probiotic lotion!
Questions? Feel free to contact us on live chat (weekdays from 8am to 8pm) to speak to one of our nutritional therapists.