Say goodbye to unwanted eight-legged guests with our powerful homemade spider repellent! If you’ve been looking for a safe and eco-friendly way to keep spiders at bay, you’re in the right place. This simple recipe combines the aromatic wonders of peppermint oil with the potent blend of CG Oil. Whether you choose to add a touch of washing-up liquid for extra adhesion or keep it entirely natural, this repellent will keep your home spider-free, and smelling delicious!
What makes it so powerful?
Did you know our CG Oil contains lemongrass, clove bud oil, lemon, cinnamon, rosemary, and eucalyptus?
- Lemongrass essential oil is known for its strong, citrusy scent. Spiders are generally averse to strong, pungent odours, and lemongrass falls into this category. Its aroma can act as a natural deterrent.
- Clove bud oil has a spicy, warm scent. While it’s more commonly known for repelling insects like mosquitoes, some believe that its strong aroma can also discourage spiders from entering an area.
- Lemon essential oil has a fresh, zesty fragrance. Like lemongrass, it has a strong citrus scent that can help repel spiders and other pests. The acidic nature of lemon may also play a role in this repellent effect.
- Cinnamon essential oil has a sweet and spicy aroma. While it’s better known for repelling ants, cinnamon‘s strong and distinctive smell can contribute to making an area less appealing to spiders.
- Rosemary essential oil has a woody and herbal scent. It may be faintly scented for the human nose, but it provides an intense odour to spiders.
- Eucalyptus essential oil has a fresh and medicinal scent. It’s well-known for its insect-repelling properties and can deter a variety of pests, including spiders, due to its strong odour.
- Peppermint oil is a natural spider repellent due to its strong, minty scent that spiders find overwhelming and unpleasant. This scent disrupts their sensory perception, making them less likely to enter or stay in areas where peppermint oil is applied.
- 1 cup water
- 15 drops peppermint oil
- 2 drops CG Oil
- Washing-up liquid (optional)
Making the repellent
- Start with an empty spray bottle.
- Pour one cup of water into the spray bottle.
- Add 15 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Add 2 drops of CG Oil.
- Add a few drops of washing-up liquid for a little extra power (optional).
- Close the bottle and shake gently to mix the ingredients.
Using the repellent
- Begin by hoovering/cleaning the area where you plan to apply the spider repellent.
- Shake the spider-repellent spray bottle well to ensure that the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Spray the repellent liberally in the areas you want to protect from spiders, such as windowsills, door frames, and corners of rooms. Pay extra attention to entry points where spiders might get in.
- Reapply weekly or as needed.
Find out what else you can use your CG Oil for here – Natural power – 3 popular uses for CG Oil!
For more autumn tips, check out our article 5 reasons to love autumn 🍂
Any questions? Contact one of our Nutritional Therapists via live chat, weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm.